Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Two Wolves

An Old Cherokee is Teaching his Grandson about Life....

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride,superiority, and ego."

He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity,truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Source: The Spiritual Network

And here is the rest of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi you two! I love this story. I had been told it some time ago but still love it so much I reread it. It's good one isn't it. Thank you for picking such great pieces. I hope you are both doing well. Robin :)

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Hi Robin- Good to hear from you:) We have been bustling with activity here so blogging has taken a back seat.

I also love this story and the many version of it, somehow in parable form, the message makes more impact for me!

Be well! Susan

jasmine ann said...

I recently found your blog and I love this post! That is wonderful and good inspiration. Thankyou

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Sometimes it is the simple stories that carry the most powerful messages. Imagine once again a world in which we would teach our young children through stories like this, why did we ever lose touch with such an empowering technique?