Friday, April 25, 2008

Food for Thought

Daily we are surrounded by opportunities
for growth, seeds for change, and lightbulb
moments. What we do with each of these,
is simply put, a matter of choice. The choice
can span a wide range of responses. Some
may be familiar to you:


  • "I don't see, hear or feel a thing!" [Other wise known as Complete Denial]


  • "Oh, that's nice!" [Hmm, maybe you need this, but I'm just FINE!]


  • "I'll get back to this someday" [Ding! Ding! Ding! Alarm bells sound, but not ready yet]


  • "I need to do Something!" [ Dive into exploration...read...attend classes...join groups..etc]


  • "I'm ready and I surrender" [You begin to empty out, so you can fill up]

So here is a QUOTE that provides some food for thought:

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”

—Carlos Castaneda (1925-1998), author, philosopher



Any thoughts on this?

And here is the rest of it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL post!! Love the Carlos quite as well. You always have SUCH wholesome and down to earth sentiments here. Ones that go into me and reinforce what is already ME. I love that about your site. I go away feeling freer, more light of heart and more myself. Thank you both for this compassionate gift. I value it and see it's worth. Hugs to you both. Robin

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Hi Robin...so nice to hear from you and thank you for your kind words. I have been so busy taking in the all the opportunities that are flooding toward us right now, that I have not been able to get onto our sites like I had been nor have I been able to do any visiting....hope to be back on track soon. Hugs back your way! Susan

Anonymous said...

I love that quote very much. I've read this wonderful quote as well. It's very interesting and shocking to me:

"A five star hotel is about service, quality and conduct. Those things doesn't cost money. It just requires better rules and systems. Living a five star life also doesn't cost more money.

In fact, who do you think has to put in more effort? The guy who choose a 2 star life or the guy who choose a 5 star life?"

Many people choose to settle for less and miserable. Either way cost you time, money and effort. In fact, living up a miserable life cost more if you observe clearly. (in terms of happiness, fulfillment, opportunity to make a difference, passion)

I feel it costs a LOT!

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Very well put! Choosing to settle for less does cost us much more in the long run, although one who is choosing less may think it is just the opposite...this is where thinking has some advantages over feeling, allowing us to see the reality more clearly.